The Star Academy Candidates
- Provide intensive instruction to overage 8th grade students.
- Award high school core and/or elective credit(s) to those students who finish the entire program.
- Maintain rigor in all courses.
- Increase socially acceptable behaviors and positive attitudes.
- Enhance relevance to education through career and technical education courses.
- Increase intrinsic motivation and responsibility by fostering adult-student relationships through counseling and mentoring.
- Assist students in developing skills, academically and personally, that will lead to future success.
- Work to eliminate barriers to academic success.